Derbyshire Air Rifle Meeting Rules
The Air rifle meetings are on the dates shown on the Calendar between 9:30 – 13:00hrs
The Range fee is £4.50 per visit
- All participants are required to sign in before shooting
- All participants are expected to be aware of, and at all times comply with, current legislation on the ownership and use of air guns. If you are unsure please ask. All Juniors must be fully supervised at all times by a responsible adult over the age of 21.There are no exceptions. On these meets A junior remains a junior until you are 18 years of age.
- The shooting ground may only be used on official club shoots.
- The safety rules will be observed at all times.Failure to do so will result in instant dismissal from the Club & the grounds.
- It is the duty of all participants to uphold, and to report any breach of safety or breach of rules
- The range officer will have the final decision on matters of range safety.
- Yeaveley Estate and the range officers hold no responsibility for loss or damage to persons or property arising from involvement in any activities at the meeting/estates shooting grounds.
- The shooting grounds and its access roads will be used with care and respect at all times.Do not exceed 10 m.p.h. Please do not drive OR park on the grass.
- Care should be taken when parking vehicles to avoid obstruction to others
- All guns should be carried across the roads and to the shooting grounds in a case or gun slip.If you do not have a gunslip then all guns must be broken and/or carried in a manner so that they are not pointing at anyone whatsoever.
- The pointing / mounting or dry firing of any air rifle/pistol not on a recognised firing point is expressly forbidden.
- No wildlife or any unofficial targets to be shot at, for any reason.
Participants are expected to help in the maintenance of the shooting grounds, and with the setting out and dismantling of the course.
- The meet range officers and Yeaveley Estate réservé the right to refuse entry to the shooting grounds or prevent from shooting, any persons in breach of the club or safety rules, or who is giving offence to other shooters or visitors.
- Interpretation of the rules, in any matter arising from or not covered by the above, Yeaveley Estate and it’s range organisers shall have the final decision.
- Participants should ensure that they regularly check on the website that they are compliant with the current rules.